Friday, February 7, 2014

Wedding Quilt

I can't believe it - the quilt is done.  I just finished a custom request for a double sided king size quilt.  I think I am done with large quilts for a few months.  This was a challenge for me as the fabric had already been selected.  The quilt was made with the table runners that had been used for the wedding reception.  The front was made with fabrics in blue and green.  I must confess that I did add two fabrics to the front.  I  had some yardage in my stash that went with the rest of the fabric and I was worried about running out. 
After some thought it was decided that the back should have the fabric that was blue and brown.  I added several fabrics from my stash in the back  - I was running out of blue fabric and I felt a granny square quilt should have more variation in it.   
Quilt Back (105X105)
 

I rented a long arm machine to do the quilting as I did not feel like fighting with a quilt in my machine.  This is the third quilt I have done on a long arm and I have yet to deviate from my meandering loops - I know I need to try something else I am just terrified of really messing up the quilt.  I did not feel like experimenting on a quilt with this much piecing especially since I would not be able to replace most of the fabric if I ruined it.  Perhaps I will find my courage on the next quilt.
 
I am participating in a triple zipper swap.  Here is the first pouch I made based on the tutorial found at the Quilters Table.  It was pretty easy.  The  last part was a little tricky and I finished mine differently.  I am going to make a few more before I decide which one to send off.
 
I hope to get lots of sewing done this weekend - I am off to Sew down-Portland.  Hopefully I will have several finishes next week.   Linking up with Amanda Jean for Finish it up Friday.


 
 
 

4 comments:

  1. WOW. You are amazing. That wedding quilt is beautiful, and such a nice thing for a new couple to have! I think it's awesome that you're going to the Sew Down Portland - I wish you were going to Nashville with me, but maybe our paths will cross in "real" life at some other point! Have fun and post lots of pics from Portland!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilt is gorgeous and I love that it is reversible. Great Job!!!
    You have reason to be proud.
    Have a wonderful weekend.
    Your blogging sister, Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like a nice size for lots of cuddling!! Beautiful finish!

    ReplyDelete