After some thought it was decided that the back should have the fabric that was blue and brown. I added several fabrics from my stash in the back - I was running out of blue fabric and I felt a granny square quilt should have more variation in it.
Quilt Back (105X105)
I rented a long arm machine to do the quilting as I did not feel like fighting with a quilt in my machine. This is the third quilt I have done on a long arm and I have yet to deviate from my meandering loops - I know I need to try something else I am just terrified of really messing up the quilt. I did not feel like experimenting on a quilt with this much piecing especially since I would not be able to replace most of the fabric if I ruined it. Perhaps I will find my courage on the next quilt.
I am participating in a triple zipper swap. Here is the first pouch I made based on the tutorial found at the Quilters Table. It was pretty easy. The last part was a little tricky and I finished mine differently. I am going to make a few more before I decide which one to send off.
I hope to get lots of sewing done this weekend - I am off to Sew down-Portland. Hopefully I will have several finishes next week. Linking up with Amanda Jean for Finish it up Friday.