Friday, August 2, 2013

A Quilt for Erika

I have been steadily working on using up some of my fabric stash - I have challenged myself to finish all of my projects that are in various stages of completion and to not take on any new "projects" or engage in fabric acquisitions until the WIPs are done.  I have made some headway.  I have gone on a few vacations with the family.  The most recent one resulted in fun in the sun and the completion of 4 quilt tops without a trip to the fabric store!!!  The vacation prior involved a new project and several fabric stores - but I will save that for a different post. 
Here is the front of a quilt I made for my long time friend Erika.  I  used the Chopsticks pattern by Jaybird Quilts.  It went to together pretty fast.  I took several pictures of the quilt, I wanted to capture how the quilt changed by the quilting lines added. 
Quilt after stitching in the ditch.
I then stitched curves from each end of the triangle.
View after quilting in the white sashing.
Close up of quilting.
I am pleased to say I finished binding this last night, got it washed and delivered it to the post office this afternoon.
Trial fabrics for the next quilt from my stash - I have a tight timeline for this one.  The request was for something with lots of pink and purple.  I am hoping she does not mind that I am throwing in some yellow.
I hope to get the binding on another quilt this weekend and another quilt basted.  Hopefully I will have progress to show you next week.  I hope you are enjoying your summer.