I had a mishap with my text fabric - I had bought a bunch of black and white text print. I ran out while cutting my initial squares. I went back to my local quilt store and bought what I thought was the same fabric. It was not. It was black and cream. I then needed to make another trip to buy the rest of the black and cream text print...
Here is a progress shot I lost a square on my way to the ironing board. When I took my class with Bari she could not express how much she loved glue basting. I must say it was a huge game changer for this application. I am not sure I will use it for other things but who knows. It really stopped the squares from moving around on me when I was turning over the edges to sew down the curves.
I finished the back of the pillow with a simple envelope closing using straight line stitching about every 3rd of an inch.
The only thing I am not overjoyed about is my green squares. I used more blue than I should have. So I do plan on making another one of these this winter. I plan on donating this pillow to the next Crafters for Courage Auction. This finished up at 14 X 28.
Thanks for stopping by. When I get off work tonight I have an unrealistic list waiting for me. Hopefully I can cross at least one sewing item off by Sunday. Linking up with Amanda Jean at Crazy Mom Quilts for Finish it Up Friday.